Every airfield and site is different
Mitigation of elevations of wildlife hazard risks and optimised wildlife hazard management is only achieved through good knowledge about species of concern and management of all factors influencing their occurrence on an airfield or in aircraft flight paths around an airfield.
Purpose of Aviaire training courses
To provide personnel with responsibility for wildlife hazard and bird risk management with an appreciation of the principles and benefits of good practice in wildlife hazard management. All training will be in accordance with statutory and regularity standards and recommended practices (SARPs).
Initial introductory training for new personnel and on-going refreshment training for existing personnel.
Training also available for construction site and airport management personnel.
Benefits of good training in wildlife hazard management
- Investment in human resources, including their initial and on-going training, will support optimised implementation of a robust wildlife hazard and bird management action plan.
- Properties will be free from roosting birds, nests and guano
- Airports will have minimised bird strikes
- Improved cost efficiencies and reduced unforeseen demands on budgets
- Well-functioning wildlife hazard and facilities management teams
- Statutory and regulatory compliance
All Aviaire trainers have operational wildlife hazard or bird risk management experience on a wide range of airfields and sites which allows them to appreciate the demands on a student to understand and deliver an optimised wildlife hazard management service.