Reduced wildlife strikes, improved air safety
Smarter thinking. Smarter working
Why spend thousands when airport aviation bird control personnel, a vehicle and basic wildlife control equipment can keep an airfield clear of strike risks?
Good wildlife hazard management is not all about what equipment you have. It’s also about how well you understand why the wildlife is presenting a risk to aircraft and how you can avoid this.
Improved wildlife hazard management also supports improved operational capacity and efficiencies for an airport.
In addition to reducing wildlife strike rates, smarter policies and working practice will increase compliance with ICAO and local CAA standards and recommended practice (SARPs).
Aviaire’s service include:
- Wildlife hazard data collection, including 13km wildlife hazard species and ecology surveys
- Wildlife hazard strike risk assessments
- Strategic wildlife hazard management planning
- Bespoke wildlife hazard management plans
- Wildlife hazard management training for dedicated or dual-tasking wildlife control teams
- Supply and advice on appropriate wildlife hazard management equipment
- Wildlife hazard management contract and service performance reviews
- Wildlife hazard safeguarding support service, including liaison with appropriate 13km authorities
- Expert witness and support in wildlife strike accountability and compensation claims
Before any airport enters into a commitment to spend money on new wildlife hazard management equipment or resources:
1. Performance reviews – Understand how well wildlife hazard management is currently being delivered.
2. Training – Make sure everyone understands good practice in their roles and responsibilities.